I agree - the hard part is to start moving. Every day this week I have dragged myself to the pool thinking "It's OK if I can only float today." But after 50 minutes of intervals of increasing intensity, I found I can actually do it and I feel much better. Hydro-Fit ankle cuffs really help by adding stability in the water.
Managing fatigue in spondylitis can be challenging, but there are several strategies that have shown promise:
- Medication: Anti-TNF therapies have been found to reduce fatigue in 35% of people with spondylitis. Some antidepressants may also help
- Psychological Therapy: Mindfulness-based stress reduction, cognitive Show Full Answer
I find that pickleball (doubles) is a great activity with a good amount of exercise and motion. Once I get going I feel great and it lasts for about 45 minutes afterwards. If I go too hard then I kinda pay for it after but it's honestly worth it for the 2-3 hours of pain free experience.
Thank you for your reply! Yes.. dragging to exercise is helpful. I have to find the balance between doing too much walking and not enough. It can vary from day to day.